Multimedia Super Corridor
Malaysia’s Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) is focusing on the creation of a high-tech environment that can attract international investors (offering a ‘world class’ physical and information infrastructure, plus attractive financial incentives) and create a multiplier effect in the Malaysian economy.
MSC is part of the Vision 2020 program, driving Malaysia into the post-industrial age by leveraging ICT as a strategic lever for development and global positioning.
Established in 1996 in a zone of 750 km2 (15X50 km) stretcing from Kuala Lumpur, the MSC includes five high-tech locations creating diverse environments for entrepreneurship, technological development, and innovation.
- 1. Cyberjaya, located at the heart of MSC, is being developed as a self-contained intelligent city with three main zones for enterprises, commerce, and housing.
- 2. The Technology Park Malaysia, an advanced and comprehensive center for research and development activities in the region.
- 3. The Universiti Putra Malaysia – Malaysia Technology Development Corporation including the Technology Incubation Centre, a joint-venture between UPM and MTDC.
- 4. The Kuala Lumpur City Centre, offering more than 1.67 million square meters of enterprises, commercial, retail, hotel, residential and entertainment facilities.
- 5. The Menara Kuala Lumpur, a 421 meters tower designed to house world-class telecommunications services to meet Malaysia�s increasing telecommunication needs.
Source: IT Geographies Overview