Forrester’s Top 10 Tech Trends in Enterprise IT
Forrester’s Brian Hopkins has identified 10 tech trends that enterprise architects (EA) should be watching through 2014. The report, “The Top 10 Technology Trends EA Should Watch: 2012 To 2014”, identifies trends that are expected to have a strong impact on IT over the next few years.
The 10 technology trends on Forrester’s watchlist through 2014 fall under four categories: Application platforms, integration, infrastructure and operations, and mobile computing. Forrester rates each technology trend by IT impact, business impact, newness and complexity.
The Top Ten
- Elastic Application Platforms Emerge
- Platform as a Service Crosses the Chasm
- Data Services, Virtualization Reach Critical Mass
- Holistic Integration Enables Agile Enterprises
- Social IT Becomes Enterprise Plumbing
- Improved Virtualization Sets Stage for Private Cloud
- Always On, Always Available Is the New Expectation
- Network Architecture Evolves to Meet Cloud Demands
- Personal Device Momentum Changes Mobile-Platform Strategy
- ‘App Internet’ Ushers in the Next Generation of Computing