The latest issue of the The Urbanist magazine is devoted to smart cities. There are four articles under the title “Is information making our cities smarter?”: (1) A Policy Agenda for the Sharing Economy, (2) Smart Cities, Limited Resources, (3) Why Does Civic Data Matter? and (4) Urban Field Notes: Patched.
- A Policy Agenda for the Sharing Economy
- The emerging movement of collaborative consumption is redefining the ways goods and services are exchanged, valued and created.
- Smart Cities, Limited Resources
- Can we provide public goods more efficiently by pricing them to reflect real-time demand?
- Why Does Civic Data Matter?
- A new emphasis is being placed on the availability of open data from governments but what use does this data have for citizens’ daily experience?
- Urban Field Notes: Patched
- A photographer observes that after the graffiti’s gone, new works of art emerge.