In a latest post in Mashable by Lauren Drell a comprehensive list of 25 technologies that every smart city should have is presented with examples of applications of these in different cities.
The list of the technologies is the following:
- Open-data initiatives and hackathons
- Parking apps
- Apps that let users “adopt” city property
- High-tech waste management systems
- All-digital and easy-to-use parking payment systems
- A city guide app
- Touchscreens around the city
- Wi-Fi in subway stations and on trains
- Sustainable and energy efficient residential and commercial real estate.
- Dynamic kiosks that display real-time information
- App or social media-based emergency alert and crisis response systems
- Police forces that use real-time data to monitor and prevent crime.
- More public transit, high-speed trains, and bus rapid transit (BRT)
- OLED lights and surveillance in high-crime zones
- Charging stations, like the solar-powered
- Roofs covered with solar panels or gardens
- Bike-sharing programs
- A sharing economy, instead of a buying economy.
- Smart climate control systems in homes and businesses
- Widespread use of traffic rerouting apps
- Water-recycling systems
- Crowdsourced urban planning,
- Broadband Internet access for all citizens
- Mobile payments.
- Ride-sharing programs
Read the whole article on http://mashable.com/2012/12/26/urban-tech-wish-list/
- 733 Views