Report: The Ideal Digital City
To help understand the building blocks to a successful digital city, The Digital Communities Special Report looks at five key technologies — broadband, open data, GIS, CRM and analytics — and provides a window into how they are helping city governments cope with economic, educational and societal demands.
The good news is that these essential technologies are getting cheaper, faster and better all the time. But technologies like these still cost money, need talent to run them and are dependent on the right policies if they are going to succeed. In other words, digital cities need smart thinking in order to work. Part one of this series examines the importance of broadband as a critical infrastructure and the challenges cities face in reaching universal adoption.
- Part 1 | Broadband: 21st Century Infrastructure
- Part 2 | Open Data & APIs: Collecting and Consuming What Cities Produce
- Part 3 | GIS: An Established Technology Finds New Purpose
- Part 4 | Customer Relationship Management: Diversity in Service
- Part 5 | Analytics: Making Sense of City Data