Applications and Tools for Intel Cities
I. Applications supporting innovation ecosystems
- WordPress – Free and open source blog publishing application and Content Management System.
- MediaWiki – Free, open source, web-based wiki software application used by Wikipedia and many other wikis, including some of the largest and most popular ones.
- Tableau – Data analytics and visualization. Create charts, graphs, and drill down to uncover relationships.
- Google docs – Free web-based word processor and spreadsheet, which allow you share and collaborate online.
- InnoCentive – Global, online marketplace where organizations in need of innovation can utilize a global network of over 160,000 of the world’s brightest problem solvers.
- Yet2.com – Global technology marketplace lists intellectual property, technology, and patents for technology transfer, technology licensing, patent licensing and patent sale.
- iBridge Network – Provides the transparency and access to university developed innovations that will lead to further advances and next-generation products.
- FreePatentsOnline – One of the most powerful, fastest and easiest patent search engines on the web.
- Patent Calls™ combines expert IP research and state of the art software search and analysis tools to connect patents to products.
Collaborative Product Development
- CrowdSpirit – A platform that enables businesses to involve innovators from outside the company directly in the design of innovative products and services.
- Spigit – Collective intelligence tools. Connecting employees’ ideas with colleagues, and with management’s objectives. Prediction markets help you extract the most realistic forecasts from your employees.
- IdeaScale – Powers feedback communities. Users submit ideas while the community comments and votes on the ideas.
- Free Online Surveys – The service is available to everyone wishing to create an online questionnaire, receive, analyse answers.
- LimeSurvey – Free and open source survey application
- Peer-to-Patent – Harnesses citizen-experts to improve patent quality in software, internet, business methods, and e-commerce categories.
- Dimdim – Web conferencing tool. Collaborate and share voice, video, slides, whiteboard, even your desktop.
- Palbee – Free web video conference, meetings & video chat rooms.
- Basecamp – Project management tool focusing on communication and collaboration.
- CcTeamspace – Web-based collaborative project management software.
- MailChimp – Email marketing tool that helps you to design, send, and track your email campaigns.
- CampaignMonitor – 100% Rebrandable email marketing software just for designers.
- BlueVoda- An very simple tool to build websites.
- Dreamweaver – Designing with Divs Layers & CSS Styles.
- Groupon – Negotiates huge discounts on popular local goods, services and cultural events. Then offer the deals to thousands of subscribers of a city in a free daily email.
II. Applications improving infrastructures and utilities
- Energy effieciency benchmarking – UNEP assessment of the current energy use and carbon footprint of hotels.
- GlobalTranz – Agent owners of GlobalTranz can access the latest and breaking news that is being offered in the field of logistics and freight transportation and a wide range of service and price options of shipments.
- Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D civil engineering software helps project teams deliver higher-quality transportation, land development and environmental projects faster.
- Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D mapping software provides access to data needed for infrastructure planning, design, and management activities.
- Esri GIS software enables governments of all sizes at every level to use geospatial information as a framework for collaboration
III. Applications supporting e-governance
- Google Apps for Government – lets agencies cut IT costs & empower employees. The following, secure, web-based applications are included: Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sites and Video sharing.
- SeeClickFix allows anyone to report and track non-emergency issues anywhere in the world via the internet. This empowers citizens, community groups and governments to take care of and improve their neighborhoods.
- CitizenSpigit empowers citizens to collaborate around a topic of interest to surface innovative and actionable ideas.
- OpenTripPlanner communicates transit schedule, travel, and map information in a single standards-based, affordable package that any agency can use.
- OpenStack is a collection of open source technology products delivering a scalable, secure, standards-based cloud computing software solution.
- CiviCRM is a powerful, open source, web-based contact relationship management (CRM) system. CiviCRM emphasizes communicating with individuals, community engagement, managing contributions, and administering memberships.
- Granicus is a software-as-a-service platform that helps local, state, and federal governments manage content and deliver rich-media to citizens, easily and at a low cost.
IV. Monitoring and benchmarking
- Urenio Benchmarking – Applications for benchmarking in manufacturirng, tourism and services
- Google Analytics - Free, enterprise-class web analytics solution that gives you rich insights into your website traffic and marketing effectiveness.
- Yahoo! Web Analytics – Free full featured enterprise analytics solution which also now provides insight into the demographics and category interests of your website visitors.
- Piwik – A downloadable, open source (GPL licensed) web analytics software program.