Conference on Business Intelligence
LEIA CDT has organized a workshop about Business Intelligence in Vitoria, Basque Country on 16-17 October 2003.
This conference scope was to help people understand the potentials of Business Intelligence for the organizations and how to take business intelligence initiatives one step further.
The conference included four plenary sessions with 13 papers presented.
This site provides the presentations both in the normal Powerpoint format
( sign) and in web powerpoint
( sign). We suggest users with slow but constant connection
to select the second option. It downloads the presentation slider per slide).
The papers presented (followed with and the information provided to the audience) were
the following (note: there are a few presentations missing, as well as the papers presented which will appear in the site very soon):
Session A: Management and Organization of the Business Intelligence Practice
- "Business intelligence: a management tool or a future managerial function?" by
Ms. Flora Prieto, MBA, Economist. FP Investment Planning and Research, Spain
- "Finnish Experiences of Business Intelligence Practices" by
Virpi Pirttimäki, M.Sc., researcher and Mika Hannula, Dr.Tech., Professor Institute of Business Information Management, Tampere University of Technology, Finland
Presentation (PowerPoint) (157KB)
- "Information sources at the service of the Intelligence" by
Mrs. Mercé Alba, Account Manager for Spain and Portugal. Thomson-Dialog, Spain
Presentation (PowerPoint) (1,3 MB)
Session B: Information Technologies in the service of the Business Intelligence
- "Innovation Engineering for the Support of Commercial / Scientific Discovery" by
Mr.Don Allen, Pira E-Media, Web Site Producer & Consultant
- "New Policy Framework for Real Knowledge-Based Economies in the global village:
From Innovation to Creativity - From a single model to some open civilisations
'ones." by Mrs. Marie-Paule Verlaeten. Centre International des Savoirs, Belgium
- "Implantantion of Business Intelligence systems in SMEs" by
Dr. Gorka Izquierdo, project manager. IALE Tecnologia, Spain
Presentation (PowerPoint) (72KB)
- "An example of regional policy for strategic intelligence development. DECILOR. Decision
making in Lorraine" by Pierre Bourgogne .
Lorraine Conseil Régional, France
Presentation (PowerPoint) (135KB)
Session C: State of the Technology Watch in Spain
Session D: BI and policies