The overall objective is to set up a mechanism covering most of the SEE area, which allows sharing and dissemination of key technologies and help to establish supply chains between the R&D institutions and the business sector. The project follows an integrated approach for strengthening the linkages among university R&D, industries, and public or private funding schemes through involvement of experts in evaluation and valorisation of R&D results.
INTERVALUE sets two strategic goals:
- Enhancement of interregional cooperation by enlarging the capacity and marketability of R&D results through joint actions and by creating critical mass of R&D results in selected areas.
- Dissemination and commercial exploitation of research outcomes delivered from the SEE research centers which will improve their capabilities to demonstrate their research outcomes and will facilitating SMEs to find solutions in specific technological problems.
The inter-regional cooperation could trigger regional knowledge spillover effects for the benefit of regional industries.
These strategic goals are specialized in the tangible objectives of the project:
- Enhancing the R&D valorisation culture in SEE partner regions through identification, expert evaluation, dissemination and valorisation planning for a pool of R&D results.
- Upgrade of the existing R&D knowledge transfer mechanisms with the design of new on-line methodological and knowledge tools.
- Stimulate the valorisation of R&D results through coordination and support of valorisation agreements with the business sector.
- Constant support of communication between researchers and business executives through brokerage events and web mentoring forums.