Handbook on cross border collaboration and Living Labs
The Handbook ‘How to set up cross-border Living Labs’ introduces the Living Lab approach according to a transnational perspective, namely through the building up and operation of cross-border Living Labs. The document was developed within the framework of Alcotra Innovation strategic project, funded by the Alcotra Italy-France 2007-2013 territorial cross border cooperation program.
The Handbook provides the reader with
- a summary information on what Living Labs are about, and particularly the cross-regional aspects dealt with in the project;
- a reference framework (the “Unitary Model”) and operational procedures (the “LEADERS Approach”) for the design and management of transboundary Living Lab communities across multiple regions and thematic domains;
- a synthetic report on the major achievements of the Alcotra Innovation project;
- a methodological overview, including some monitoring and evaluation related issues we have encountered and successfully dealt with;
- a special note on the integration of cross-border Living Labs with Pre-Commercial Procurement (PCP) – a new and innovative purchasing practice of R&D services that is gaining more and more attention within European public authorities and agencies; and
- a special note on a user-centred co-creation methodology.
Download the Handbook ‘How to set up cross-border Living Labs’