Conscious Cities Festival 2020: To Shape and be Shaped
Conscious Cities Festival 2020: To Shape and be Shaped will take place at venues worldwide and online from 18th to 24th of October 2020. Through a 15+ event series, participants and experts will have the opportunity to discuss on Conscious Design and the empowerment of local communities. This event invites leading practitioners, activists, scientists and the general public from around the globe to explore the dialogue between people and place.
Conscious Design is a continually evolving process that incorporates systems and structures, science, storytelling, and participatory-design. The 2020 Conscious Cities Festival sparks global knowledge exchange by cultivating networks of local and diverse experts, organizations, and institutions to co-create solutions to current issues. It acts as an umbrella, assisting the different chapters around the world to create their own Conscious Cities Events.
Building on previous Conscious Cities Festivals hosted by the Centre of Conscious Design (CCD) each event will tackle pressing issues facing urban populations. This year, the movement is launching its first group of local chapters, each of which is organizing an event in their city.
Conscious Cities Festival 2020 Participating Chapter and Events
- Opening Event, International
- Accra, Ghana: Our Urban Heritage: Children, Nature, and Culture in the City.
- Adelaide, Australia: Being Adelaide
- Bengaluru, India: The Person-Space Exchange
- Denver, CO: Shaping Health.
- Ibiza, Spain: What is Next? Human Innovation.
- Lahore, Pakistan: The Human-Kind: Lahore
- Lima, Peru: Perspectivas y posibilidades para una arquitectura peruana del buen vivir | Perspectives and possibilities for a peruvian architecture of well-being
- London, UK: Flourish.
- Milan, Italy: ENERGIES’ LANDSCAPE | Food, Nutrition and Urban Environment.
- Monterrey, MX: La ciudad salva | The city saves.
- New York City, NY: Designing for Equity
- Paris, France: Le capital social en ville face aux crises | Urban social capital under crises.
- Phoenix, AZ: Shaping Collaboration: Conscious Design in Phoenix and Beyond.
- Singapore: The Big Sit.
- Tel Aviv, Israel: Agency and the City: Expression in the Physical and Digital Commons
- Toronto, CA: Conscious Toronto | Shaping an Equitable City
- Warsaw, Poland: Sensing Our City
About The Centre for Conscious Design
Conscious Design includes places, spaces and objects that have an awareness of, and responsibility towards people. The concept emerged out of the Conscious Cities Manifesto which advocates for the integration of technology and Science-Informed Design in order to create a healthier, more inclusive, and democratic built environment.
The Centre for Conscious Design
The Centre for Conscious Design is an international grassroots think tank focused on using conscious design to alleviate complex social and urban issues today and in the future.
Its mission is to reconceptualize design and push towards a ‘conscious’ model which responds to the needs of the people and communities. The Centre strives to create environments which maximize individual and community potential, while integrating equity, wellbeing, and resilience into the fabric of everyday life. The CCD emerged out of the Conscious Cities Movement, started by architect Itai Palti and neuroscientist Prof. Moshe Bar in 2015.
Register to the festival here.
Learn more about The Centre for Conscious Design here.