The Applied Research and Communications Fund (ARC Fund) is a premier Bulgarian non-for-profit research organization, established in 1991, actively operating in the field of innovation and knowledge-based economy. In 2008 ARC Fund became a coordinator of Enterprise Europe Network – Bulgaria – part of the largest information and consultancy network in Europe supporting SMEs. Over the recent years ARC Fund initiated and coordinated two Regional Innovation Strategy (RIS) actions in Bulgaria. ARC Fund has a track-record of successful international projects supported by the European Commission, the World Bank, UNDP, USAID, the German Agency for Technical Cooperation (GTZ), the Austrian Science and Research Liaison Office – Bulgaria (ASO-Sofia).
ARC Fund is actively involved in the efforts to shape policies and developments towards information society and knowledge economy in a national, regional, European and global context. We pursue this mission by:
- Conducting applied research and analyses that assist the development and implementation of public policies ;
- Introducing new policy concepts and innovative policy-making tools (e.g. foresight);
- Promoting public policy consensus by bringing together the key actors in government, industry and civil society, and by forming coalitions and public-private partnerships;
- Building capacity in various professional groups by providing specialized trainings and facilitating the transfer of knowledge and international good practice;
- Enhancing the capacity of companies to innovate by providing technology brokering and consulting services;
- Designing innovative solutions to development problems by initiating pilot projects that demonstrate the values of technologies, including ICTs, in strengthening democratic governance, empowering civil society, and developing competitive businesses.
Applied Research and Communications Fund
1113 Sofia, BULGARIA
5, Alexander Zhendov Str.
Tel: + 359 2 973 30 00
Fax: + 359 2 973 35 88
INTERVALUE Project Contact person
Ms Teodora Georgieva
E-mail: [email protected]