SEERC is a multidisciplinary research centre established by the University of Sheffield (UK) and CITY College (GR), addressing the economic, political, social and cultural challenges that the SEE region faces. SEERC research focuses on four research tracks:
1. Enterprise, Innovation and Development,
2. Information and Communication Technologies,
3. Governance, politics and society and
4. Risk and well-being.
SEERC researchers come form al the SEE countries as well as from the mother UK institution. The centre has established a wide network of academics, government and industry in all SEE and is being advised by an International Advisory Board that includes prominent members from all SEE. Within its research activities SEERC focuses on dissemination of research results and cooperation between industry and academia with special emphasis on the valorisation of the research results and the enhancement of innovation.
Relevant SEERC projects:
- WBC-INCO.Net: Western Balkan Countries International Cooperation Net (FP7, INCO). The project supports participation of WBC to ERA and FP7.
- MIRIAD: Managing and Infusing Research Investment and Development (FP6, Regions of Knowledge programme). The project brought together organisations from UK, Greece, Bulgaria and Turkey aiming to enhance the triple-helix (government, industry, academia) cooperation for R&D and innovation
- Research on Rural Economic and Social Development for Mountain Villages in Turkish Thrace (EU delegation in Ankara). Cooperation between SEERC and Istanbul Commerce University on rural development planning.
- ICT-WEBPROMS: Promoting ICT cooperation opportunities and policy
dialogue with the Western Balkan Countries (Funded by FP7-ICT). The project supports the participation of Western Balkan Researchers in FP7- ICT.
INTERVALUE Project Contact person
24 Pr. Koromila Street
54622, Thessaloniki, Greece
Tel: +30 2310-253477-8